Thursday, February 15, 2018

"Happiest Day of My Life" ..... yeah, right


“So, people talk about your wedding day as being “the happiest day of your life” … sometimes it doesn’t seem like it. Do these people realize that it takes almost a YEAR to plan this one special day?! Come on, how is that supposed to make me feel okay? I’m spending at least 365 days to plan this ONE day, what happens if it’s not exactly how I want it to be? What if things go wrong? What if EVERYTHING goes wrong? This is the definition of stress.

How am I supposed to enjoy planning this if I am not sure if it’s even going to go well? What happens if I forget a HUGE detail that ruins the whole day? It seems like the most stressful thing in the world, but I guess time will tell. Especially since it’s taking up a bunch of time to plan. I guess it’s one big waiting game.

Yes, there is a lot that goes into planning, but I should be enjoying this… and why am I not? What am I doing wrong? Did I make the wrong choice? How am I supposed to pick between navy blue and midnight blue? I GIVE UP!!!”

If you’re feeling this way, you are NOT alone. B-R-E-A-T-H-E. Everyone worries about these things, and it is totally normal. The only way to not feel this way is to remember that you are marrying the love of your life, and no matter what goes wrong, nothing is changing that. There should be some calming factor there for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment